Re: Fw: Re: Monero Client on Tails/Debian

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 9:42 AM <thechosensphinx@protonmail.com> wrote:

> We've been discussing possible Monero implementation into Debian and not sure how we can proceed.

It sounds like Monero is only suitable for Debian experimental due to
the rate of upstream introducing backwards-incompatible versions.

> AppImage, maybe?

Debian doesn't distribute any of the alternative packaging formats, so
you'll have to distribute them yourself or use the appropriate
repositories for them:

https://appimage.github.io/
https://www.appimagehub.com/
https://www.flathub.org/
https://snapcraft.io/store

> It would be very beneficial to all three communities (Debian, Tails and Monero) for a Monero client, either lightweight or full client to be developed for Debian but we need some help from your team as well.

The documentation for getting software into Debian is here:

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

--
bye,
pabs