Re: Use of FATE (FFmpeg Automated Testing Envionment) data?

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 at 06:19:56 +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 11:52:49PM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> > It's also a practical matter: Can I run autopkgtests, when my
> > computer is disconnected from the internet?

According to the autopkgtest specification: maybe, but not necessarily.
https://salsa.debian.org/ci-team/autopkgtest/raw/master/doc/README.package-tests.rst
(the title of the last section is "Network Access")

> At the very least, I'd require a "restriction" to be set -- autopkgtest
> has a system for facets like this, it'd be a good fit here.

It's been proposed in the past, but the autopkgtest maintainers
considered and rejected it. <https://bugs.debian.org/801895>
<https://bugs.debian.org/851556>

Maybe "Features: works-offline" (with the opposite meaning) would be
another way to represent this?

game-data-packager (in contrib) is an example of a package that tries to
test itself by downloading non-Free data from the internet, although it
looks like it currently skips the relevant test on ci.debian.net because
the testbed doesn't have the freedesktop.org DOWNLOADS directory
(usually ~/Downloads) configured.

    smcv