Re: Use of FATE (FFmpeg Automated Testing Envionment) data?

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 11:52:49PM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On 2019-02-19 22:55, Chris Lamb wrote:
> > (Naturally, downloading them during the build would not be
> > acceptable, but I wonder what the consensus would be on the ethics
> > of downloading "contrib"-like data during autopkgtests?)
>
> It's also a practical matter: Can I run autopkgtests, when my
> computer is disconnected from the internet? Can I run them, if
> their server is down? Will they always serve exactly the same
> files or will I have to deal with random test results?

At the very least, I'd require a "restriction" to be set -- autopkgtest
has a system for facets like this, it'd be a good fit here.  It explicitly
allows downloading packages during test, but that's via apt rather than
some random website.

> In my case, it's only 3.3 MiB.  And it is only in the source package
> anyway.

So you can just ship it then.

Meow!
--