Re: Recreating history of a package

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 at 12:59, Timo Weingärtner <tiwe@debian.org> wrote:
> 16.02.19 21:24 Ben Hutchings:
> > On Sat, 2019-02-16 at 14:17 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > > http://snapshot.debian.org/ is now offered over https too. Its front-page
> > > even documents its usage as such. :)
> > And it has HSTS, which is nice, but it is missing the redirection
> > that's needed to make that work completely.
>
> I guess global HTTP redirects might break older apt setups without apt-
> transport-https installed.
>
> For browsers it should be enough to add the redirects for the HTML pages.

Feel free to redirect this to an appropriate list, but perhaps
redirecting non-`apt` user agents is worthwhile? E.g. something like
the solution detailed[1] for nginx. (I'm sure there's something easier
for Apache). Happy to send a patch if that'd be appreciated :)

[1]: https://serverfault.com/a/825725/880

--
Luke Faraone;; Debian & Ubuntu Developer; Sugar Labs; MIT SIPB
lfaraone on irc.[freenode,oftc].net -- https://luke.wf/ohhello