Re: Leftover in ftp-master.debian.org/dm.txt after DM -> DD transition

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 01:03:34PM -0400, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> 在 2018年8月27日星期一 EDT 下午3:02:46,Gunnar Wolf 写道:
> > Boyuan Yang dijo [Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 12:17:17PM -0400]:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > My role in Debian recently changed from Debian Maintainer to Debian
> > > Developer. However, my DM permission record [1] in
> > > https://ftp-master.debian.org/dm.txt are still left untouched. When I try
> > > to remove them, I would receive errors:
> > > (...)
> > > Is there any way to get rid of those records?
> >
> > Hello Bouyan,
> >
> > I think we (keyring-maint) skipped a step in our keyring push last
> > Friday. I believe this should be fixed now - Please tell me if it's
> > not.
> >
> > (And congratulations for becoming a full-DD ;-) )
>
> Thanks for taking care of it. However, I tried again and that still doesn't
> work:

TTBOK that's not possible, and nothign is wrong in this regard with the
last keyring push.

Once a DM becomes a DD, their key is moved off the debian-maintainers
keyring and inserted into the debian-keyring keyring.  At that point dak
forgets all about that DM and so it doesn't allow to change it anymore;
but it retains the status of the allowed packages.

ftpmasters clean up the list of every so often; I know it my case it
stayed there for nearly a year after I became DD nearly 3 years ago.

> My target is pretty simple: to remove my name "Boyuan Yang" and all related
> "Allow" information from https://ftp-master.debian.org/dm.txt since that is no
> longer necessary. With my key moved out from DM keyring into DD keyring, that
> seems not possible currently.

OOI, what's the reason for this?  I can't understand what's troubling
you (personally, I was bothered by the green 'DM' labes on DDPO, but
nothing major as you can imagine…)

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo