Re: Failed to create sbuild chroot for cross-compiling

Hi,

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Holger Wansing wrote:
>
> > Raphael and you told me to not built the package here locally, but just
> > do a source-only upload.
>
> In general, one should build locally and do a source-only upload. This
> is so that you confirm the build works and, by testing it manually,
> that the resulting package works before wasting upload bandwidth and
> buildd time and so that the package is built on the buildds, which
> means it is built in a clean environment (regenerated every few days)
> and that the build log is published on buildd.d.o.
>
> sbuild supports doing both of these at once with the
> --source-only-changes option or SOURCE_ONLY_CHANGES configuration
> variable.
>
> > But sbuild does not support this use case.
>
> sbuild supports this with the option mentioned above, AFAICT the issue
> here is cross-building.
>
> You appear to have created an s390x chroot rather than an amd64 chroot
> that builds packages for s390x.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.
That was indeed the problem: I mis-used the different architecture options,
as I already answered to Johannes.

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Finterprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076