Re: headsup - various redis modules now proprietary!

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 01:02:30PM +1200, Robert Collins wrote:
> RedisLabs have changed the license of various modules to be
> incompatible with DFSG guideline 6: the 'Common Clause' rider.
>
> https://redislabs.com/community/commons-clause/

"Therefore, the no-sale restriction imposed by Commons Clause means that
any software under this new license is non-open source by definition.
However, in practice, Commons Clause only adds a limitation concerning
fair use, and we believe that both licensing approaches share the same
core value of making software available for use by anyone."

Looks like everybody loses.

--
WBR, wRAR