Re: Q: Where is keyring packaging guideline?

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018, Kentaro Hayashi wrote:

> I want to make 3rd party keyring package (ITP). In the advance, I
> want to know a best practice about *keyring* packaging. Any hints?

I'm not convinced that 3rd party keyring packages belong in the Debian
archive.

If the software itself is good and free, then it belongs into Debian
itself.

However, we shouldn't start shipping random key material for various
other places that just happen to offer their software in a format that
is consumable by apt.

Cheers,
--
                            |  .''`.       ** Debian **
      Peter Palfrader       | : :' :      The  universal
 https://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System