Re: Specs? Re: salsa.debian.org maintenance (GitLab 11.1.4 upgrade, external storage migration)

On 2018-08-20 20:58:47 +0200 (+0200), Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 08:55:46PM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > if you can replace ee with ce in the url it is also valid for
> > ce. jftr afaik gitlab uses fog[1] for cloud storage, maybe that
> > knowledge helps.
>
> They use CarrierWave, which supports the following fog backends:
>
> - AWS (aka S3)
> - Google
> - Rackspace
> - OpenStack

I've just spoken to the CEO of a service provider in Canada who is
interested in talking about donating OpenStack Swift object storage
for this (the storage documentation[*] for the fog-openstack backend
indicates it's a supported option). The same provider has also
donated a variety of hosting resources to the Linux Foundation,
OpenStack Foundation and other free software communities for many
years now and is remarkably stable. If this is an alternative you're
willing to consider, feel free to follow up with me privately and
I'll make introductions.

[*] https://github.com/fog/fog-openstack/blob/master/docs/storage.md
--
Jeremy Stanley