Re: Specs? Re: salsa.debian.org maintenance (GitLab 11.1.4 upgrade, external storage migration)

On 2018-08-20 20:05:42 +0200 (+0200), Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2018, Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
> > Could you please at least define what is "some of the large data stores"
> > and explain where it is configured in Gitlab? A possible pointer to the
> > Gitlab documentation would probably help as well.
> I find it very frustrating that you expect us to tell you where the docs are.
> However:
>
> https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/administration/repository_storage_paths.html
> https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/workflow/lfs/lfs_administration.html#storing-lfs-objects-in-remote-object-storage
> https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/omnibus-gitlab/blob/master/files/gitlab-config-template/gitlab.rb.template#L176
> https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/salsa-ansible/compare/e709949d0e174f9503b757c95cebee79f0ffe9b0...aafc7392e90efc21fa7e1858eee214029b29764c
>
> its all there.

Part of the open-core challenge I'm afraid. I already spoke with one
"cloud" service provider last week who was willing to follow up to
this thread with an offer to donate whatever storage types are
needed, but we couldn't find documentation explaining supported
storage options for Gitlab *CE* (note the "ee" in those
documentation URLs, they're the same ones I already found). Is it to
be assumed, generally, that Gitlab's Enterprise Edition
documentation is also appropriate for Community Edition deployments?
--
Jeremy Stanley