Re: Notification of merge requests on Salsa

On 08/17/2018 03:19 AM, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2018, Jacob Adams wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I've just discovered that by default, salsa.d.o does not inform project
>> owners of merge requests opened against their projects. This seems like
>> a poorly chosen default, as it is quite easy to completely miss when a
>> user opens a merge request, unless one checks salsa regularly.
>>
>> Should we try to change this default?
>> I would imagine that most of us do debian work primarily via email so
>> having salsa support that workflow by default would be much appreciated.
>>
>> I suppose the next step is to open an issue against salsa support but I
>> wanted to see if there was consensus that this would be a welcome change
>> first.
> Of course they do, if you configure notifications properly. Thats a user setting, we
> can't provide a default as admins.

Ah ok. I was simply surprised by the default behavior and was hoping
there was something that could be done to fix it.

> And I am of sure you don't want to get
> informed about every pull request on every project in the debian/ namespace.

So even if we could change it, it would flood everyone's inbox. I
suppose the only solution is to always @mention the package maintainer
when submitting a merge request. I suspect most haven't looked at their
notification settings and so that's probably the only way to guarantee
an email to the maintainer.

Thanks,
Jacob