Re: salsa.debian.org maintenance (GitLab 11.1.4 upgrade, external storage migration)

Hi,

I believe by decentralization we can just implement it by not relying our data on single company but multiple.

Still, it is up to their implementation how we can access their storage, and as long as we can access it with free software (_javascript_ stuff could be a pitfall though) it shouldn't be too much problem for us.

Yao Wei

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 16:52 Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 08:27:00AM +0000, Ulrike Uhlig wrote:
> While I understand the simplicity of using $company's cloud storage, I'd
> rather not rely on some external company and in particular not on this
> one. This company does not exactly represent what I would call ethical,
> non-proprietary, and decentralized.
Is that a problem?

> Are there no partners that would kindly provide such storage to Debian
> (Gandi?).
Are they ethical, non-proprietary, and decentralized?

--
WBR, wRAR