Re: Should the weboob package stay in Debian?

Martin Steigerwald writes ("Re: Should the weboob package stay in Debian?"):
> My question was more aimed what members of or contributors to the
> Debian project can do to improve the current situation, cause as you
> say Debian that means the people behind it cannot control what is
> happening outside of it.

I answered that here:

> [Ian Jackson:]
> > What concrete steps, you ask ?  Well, we could start by removing
> > gratuitous sexual references from software which has nothing to do
> > with sex.[1]
>
> I fully agree with that.

Thanks.

> > We could also stop producing absurd (and readily and frequently
> > debunked) counterarguments to explain why this isn't a problem, or why
> > doing anything about it would lead inevitably to awful censorship,
> > etc.  (FAOD I'm not really referring to your messages here, but there
> > have been some truly silly examples in this thread.)
>
> I feel no intention to produce such counterarguments.

My statement was not intended as an attack on specifically your own
postings.  However, Debian contributors who are otherwise valued in
our community have done, here, exactly what I describe.  We ought not
to tolerate it.

Ian.