Re: salsa.debian.org maintenance (GitLab 11.1.4 upgrade, external storage migration)

On Aug 13, Jonas Meurer <jonas@freesources.org> wrote:

> To be honest, I don't like the idea of making our infrastructure as a
> project rely on closed and proprietary systems like Google Cloud. Isn't
> it important to us as a project anymore to run our infrastructure on
> free software and under our own control? [1]
Sure. Do you have the source for the firmwares of all your hard disks?

> Github and to make us independent from proprietary solutions. If we now
> start moving the salsa storage to a proprietary cloud solution, this
> leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
We can still easily move that data to a different free as in freedom
cloud solution if needed, it would just be much more expensive because
then I expect that we would actually have to pay for these resources.

--
ciao,
Marco