Re: changing git tags on the remote repo

Hi Holger,

Am 12.08.18 um 14:17 schrieb Holger Wansing:
> Hi,
>
> Alf Gaida <agaida@siduction.org> wrote:
>> git push --tags --force - if one have the needed rights and the remote
>> settings allow it.
>
> This goes at least so far, that I get a clear error message:
>
> remote: GitLab: You are not allowed to change existing tags on this project.

that's a feature.
Normally you don't want this and nobody can delete tags unintentionally
as there is normally no reason to change history on a public git tree.
The normal case is to create new tag with the according commit SHA
reference.

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/protected_tags.html

You can modify the behavior for your git tree, but really be careful if
you remove this protection! As said, you really don't want to do this! :)

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert