Re: gpg: signing failed, permission denied

On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 19:27:40 +0000, Holger Wansing
<hwansing@mailbox.org> wrote:
>I am unable to clearsign a file with gpg, always getting
>permission denied errors.
>However it does not tell me which is the file where permissions
>are missing.
>I checked all files I am aware of:
>- the file to sign,
>- all files in .gnupg and the .gnupg dir itself,
>
>They are all fine.
>
>How can I find out, which file is the problem?

The generic way would be stracing the process. And of course filing
bugs about the error message being unhelpful as it should say which
file it tried to open.

Greetings
Marc
Mannheim, Germany  |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |