Re: path to gitlab upstream

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 03:10:57PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 01:04:33PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Ansgar Burchardt writes ("Re: Want to make salsa advertise contact and source code details [and 1 more messages]"):
> > > That seems like an horrible maintenance nightmare just to avoid even
> > > talking to upstream...
> >
> > OK, so does someone in Debian, maybe from the Salsa team, have any
> > contacts I could use ?  (I promise to be reasonable and polite.)
> > Or should I just try to go in through the "front door" and create an
> > issue in Gitlab CE's gitlab ?
> >
> > ISTM that the former approach is more likely to work if we know anyone
> > at Gitlab already.
>
> There is https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/
>
> It has currently 10,712 issues and 595 merge requests.
>
> About the issues: Open: 10,712  Closed: 25,941  All: 36,653
> MR:  Open: 595   Merged: 15,906  Closed 2,696  All: 19,198

In the spirit of Debian (not necessarily Salsa team) communication with
GitLab development, I note that Gnome have coordinated under "GNOME List
of Issues & Priorities" [43566]. Perhaps Debian should also have an open
issue for requests from DDs, at the moment I can only find relevant
issues by searching for "salsa".
--
Phil Morrell (emorrp1)

[43566]: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/43566