Re: interpretation of wontfix

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 01:59:29PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Perhaps
>
>    soon
>
>        The maintainers intend to fix this bug quickly, probably in the
>        next upload to Debian unstable.
>
>      [ I find myself using a browser tab on my laptop for this, which
>        is distinctly suboptimal. ]

If this would be useful for your personal workflow, it sounds like a
perfect usecase for a usertag with you as user.

>    deferred
>
>        The maintainers lack the effort to work on this bug in the
>        foreseeable future.
>
>        Contributions to help progress this bug would be welcome, and a
>        correct fix would be accepted.  But, the maintainers advise
>        that working on other bugs may be an easier way of making
>        bigger improvements to Debian.

Sounds like overdesign to me.

When I see a bug "FTBFS on big endian" with "help" tag and a maintainer
statement in the bug "I don't care about big endian but I am willing
to apply patches", then that's all I need to know.

> Ian.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.