Re: Debian part of a version number when epoch is bumped

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 04:16:19PM -0400, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> wrote:
> > Please don't consider the Debian Policy like a stick.  Or a all-kwowing
> > never-wrong oracle.
>
> Well the maintainer refuses to make the minor change I requested. See
> the latest comments at
> https://bugs.debian.org/887740

Right.
Ultimately, in Debian the maintianer of a package decides what to do to
that package.  If a maintainer refuse to land a change you are asking,
and you fail to "sell" your change, that it: that change won't be
applied, period.

> I wish Debian had some form of informal conflict resolution besides
> the Tech Committee.

As Chris noted, one of the (informal?) jobs of the DPL is to facilitate
mediation.

TBH, I don't think here you need any kind of mediation, it's clear the
maintainer doesn't like your proposal.
I recommend you just find a way to live with it (and I don't think
doing no-change merges in ubuntu to workaround this issue are something
too hard to do…)
To that goeal I just uploaded src:moon-buggy 1:1.0.51-1ubuntu1 to
bionic: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/moon-buggy/1:1.0.51-1ubuntu1
it should appear in MoM just fine, and it hardly brings any relevant
extra work to the MOTUs… (if you are seeking to lower the delta between
debian and ubuntu, there are bigger fishes to fry…).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :