Re: Debian part of a version number when epoch is bumped

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 04:16:19PM -0400, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> wrote:
> > Please don't consider the Debian Policy like a stick.  Or a all-kwowing
> > never-wrong oracle.
>
> Well the maintainer refuses to make the minor change I requested. See
> the latest comments at
> https://bugs.debian.org/887740
>
> I wish Debian had some form of informal conflict resolution besides
> the Tech Committee.

The maintainer's request here can be acted upon.

While in general I agree that a light-weight means of conflict resolution
would be nice, this issue keeps returning, thus it probably is worthy of
being mentioned in the Policy.

This is https://bugs.debian.org/881431, to which I just proposed a wording.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ When I visited the US a couple decades ago, Hillary molested and
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ groped me.  You don't believe?  Well, the burden of proof is on you!