Re: Usage of real m68k hardware

On 03/28/2018 07:26 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Back when I was maintaining OpenAFS, I frequently wanted some way as a
> maintainer to easily tag a package as "this will never for the forseeable
> future be supported on this architecture" and move on.  We don't have a
> great mechanism for doing this right now -- there's a thing on the buildds
> that's pretty opaque and that I don't know how to set as a maintainer, and
> one can list a bunch of specific architectures on the package but that's
> really awkward and interacts poorly with arch: all packages.

The recommended way today is to annotate within the package. It does not
actually interact poorly with arch:all packages. When dpkg builds the
source package and there's no arch:any package it will list all
architectures explicitly in the .dsc and if there's an arch:all package
all will be added in addition.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern