Re: Usage of real m68k hardware

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 10:26:28AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> The chances of anyone really wanting to run some of this scientific
> software on m68k seem remote, so it feels like it would be an overall
> reduction of friction if the maintainer could just say "I don't support
> this arch" and the porters could stop looking at those packages (unless
> for some reason they disagree with the maintainer and think users of that
> arch are really interested).

The core problem is that in the control file the permitted syntax for
the Architecture: filed is much more restricticted than the permitted
syntax for (build) dependencies.

Dependency fields have negative syntax like !m68k, for the Architecture:
field this is only possible with a complete list of all architectures
except the one you want to exclude.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.