Re: Usage of real m68k hardware

Hi John,

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 06:36:16PM +0900, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Yes, of course. But Andreas hit a nerve with this on me.

Sorry, this was not intended.

> > In my experience, most arguments (not "mere" disagreements) have stemmed
> > from regrettable miscommunication but all of them have ever helped by an
> > argumentative or combative character, especially ones underlined with
> > threats.
>
> Well, if Andreas wouldn't have asked for the ultima ratio right from
> the beginning, there would probably have been a more constructive
> discussion.

Just to not make that mistake again:  Is it the

  "I'm wondering when it might be time to fully drop a hardware
   port instead of draining developer time for ethernity"

in my mail you stumbled upon.  May be its the language barrier but I do
not think that if a random developer is wondering about something this
is equivalent to "asking for the ultima ratio".  I was honestly thinking
about whether we are keeping alive an architecture by everybody using
emulators.  I try to be more careful in my wording in the future when
asking questions about ports (and hope I will manage).

Kind regards and sorry again if I tipped on somebodies shoes

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de