Re: New lintian warning: vcs-deprecated-in-debian-infrastructure

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 10:22:52AM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> Markus Koschany <apo@debian.org> writes:
> > If you want to contact the maintainer you need internet access
>
> With the maintainer email address, I do not need internet access to
> compose an email message. Without that information I can't.

apt show $PACKAGE

There's no need to duplicate the information inside .dsc/.deb and apt
indices.

> > if you want to visit the upstream homepage you need internet access
>
> With the upstream home page URL, I do not need internet access to
> bookmark a URL. Without that URL I can't.

As above -- but pray tell, what will you do with that URL?  Unlike an e-mail
which you can compose then send later, a webpage you can't access is of no
use.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ A dumb species has no way to open a tuna can.