Re: Updated proposal for improving the FTP NEW process

Hi Sean,

On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 04:44:43PM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 02:43:34PM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> >> If a package is maintained in git, then re-using a version number
> >> means force-pushing a git tag
> > Just don't tag uploads until they are accepted.

+1

> This means that uploading to new is no longer fire-and-forget.  That's
> bad.

Why?  You get a reminder e-mail saying "ACCEPTED" in case you really
forgot your package in new.  For me that's always a good point in time
to recheck for new versions etc.  So why should a maintainer forget
about a package that's in new?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--