Re: A proposal for improving transparency of the FTP NEW process

Hi Chris,

On Sat, Mar 03, 2018 at 07:33:22PM +0000, Chris Lamb wrote:
> Steffen Möller wrote:
>
> > But you are a celebrity. Just not the kind of celebrity that gets
> > free coffee at Starbucks, though. Except for when you fix their Wifi,
> > I mean. But if I was an ftpadmin and saw a package of yours uploaded,
> > you'd find me priorising this up ...
>
> (Just for clarity, as the ftp-team member who — I think? — accepted
> the packages in question, it was nothing to do with "celebrity.")

(I guess you forgot <sarcasm-off> </sarcasm-off> brackets around your
statement :-P )

I'm happy that you confirm my assumption that picking from the new queue
is orthogonal to the person who uploaded the package.

To Steffen: How demotivating would it be for a newcomer if a package
needs to wait for a long time for the only reason that this maintainer
ID is showing up the first time in the new queue?

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de