Re: Updated proposal for improving the FTP NEW process

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 05 2018, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> Taken to it's logical end, then every VCS commit should have it's own
> revision.

Could you explain how this follows?  I don't see it.

> I think requiring a maintainer to increment the Debian revision of a
> package based on things that happen outside the Debian archive is "not
> a good idea'[1].

If a package is maintained in git, then re-using a version number means
force-pushing a git tag, which can get quite confusing quite fast (it's
worse than force-pushing a branch, IME).

--
Sean Whitton