Re: Updated proposal for improving the FTP NEW process

On Mon, 05 Mar 2018, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> I think requiring a maintainer to increment the Debian revision of a
> package based on things that happen outside the Debian archive is "not
> a good idea'[1].

I don't want to make it a requirement, just recommended good practice
when an upload has been made to Debian, and subsequent upload requires
changing the source package.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

Something the junk advertisers don't seem to understand: we live in an
information super-saturated world. If I don't want to buy something,
no amount of shouting or propagandizing will budge me; all it will do
is get me annoyed. On the other hand, if I have a need for your
product, I can seek it out in an eyeblink.
 -- Charles Stross "Toast: A Con Report" in _Toast_ p136