Re: Rant about Debian reproducibility environment

Steffen Nurpmeso writes ("Re: Rant about Debian reproducibility environment"):
> But despite that and the possibly correct observation that placing
> just about any environmental info in any non-system-dependent
> object you can close the issue that is my rant, but will not get
> away from the fact that you cannot expect exactly identical binary
> outcome on two different build hosts, unless the actual build
> environment is the same to the detail.

This is true.  But it is why the folks promoting reproducible builds
have made tools which can reproduce the build environment.

I think your implication is that the reproducibility is theoretical
and therefore not useful.  I appreciate why you might think that, but
the reproducibile builds folks have made it practically possible, so
it's not true.

Ian.