Salsa issue tracker disabled for Debian group (was: A proposal for improving transparency of the FTP NEW process)

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:

> Also, I would really have preferred if Salsa's issue tracker feature
> was simply removed/desactivated, because every other day, there's
> someone proposing to replace debbug with it. Thanks but no thanks.

As best I can tell, any project created in the Debian group
<URL:https://salsa.debian.org/debian/> already has the Issues permission
off, without anything else needing to be done.

That seems entirely appropriate, for a Debian packaging project, for the
reason you state (any Debian package should have bugs reported to the
Debian BTS).

Does that meet the preference you expressed above?

--
 \       “I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them |
  `\    to do to their fellows, because it always coincides with their |