Re: A proposal for improving transparency of the FTP NEW process

Hi,

On 03-03-18 11:57, Ben Finney wrote:
> A large code base with complex interacting works of copyright can be
> broken into smaller packages, that are each individually easier to
> review and pass through NEW; either built as separate source packages,
> or combined at build time.

Except if there is one upstream tar ball. Do you really suggest we
should repack one upstream tar ball into multiple smaller tar balls just
for the review process? In the examples I have in mind (fpc and lazarus)
I wouldn't even know what binary packages to build from the smaller
pieces until they are combined again.

I don't believe this is a great recommendation.

Paul