Re: A proposal for improving transparency of the FTP NEW process

Hi Lars & Steve,

> > Or possibly you have a more generous notion of "fast".  Currently there
> > are five or six dozen packages waiting more than 2 months
[…]
> There may be other reasons why some packages stay in NEW for a long
> time. Getting information from ftp masters about the reasons why

A good proportion of these have outstanding issues that are blocking
on the maintainer, not the FTP team.

This is, of course, not very obvious or initiutive and improved
transparency on this would obviously be a beneficial to all parties,
let alone Debian at large.

> I wish text/plain carried font information so I could use a font to
> indicate when I'm being sarcastic (Times, Helvetica, or Courier).

I solved this by making sarcasm my default mode.

Best wishes,

--
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb