Re: A proposal for improving transparency of the FTP NEW process

Am Freitag, den 02.03.2018, 07:39 -0500 schrieb Scott Kitterman:
> On Friday, March 02, 2018 01:00:57 PM Gert Wollny wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > as the one who is the uploader of the package that is currently
> > longest
> > in the NEW pipeline (vtk7), I'd like to make a proposal how
> > transparency and also the interaction from non ftp-master members
> > review packages could be improved.
> >
> > Short version: Use the salsa per-package issue tracker for problems
> > that come up with the review in NEW.
> >

> No.  I think the short version of your proposal is:
>
> If the FTP team spent more time on tracking status more stuff would
> get through New.

There is a reason why I wrote "reviewes" in my proposal, and not "ftp-
master": this kind of tracking could be an incentive for more people to
get involved reviewing other peoples packages, because it gives a clear
path for contribution, and adding to it what I wrote as answer to
Samuel, there is also the possibility for recognition of this review
work by adding an "Reviewed-By:" entry to the changelog.

Apart from that, I would guess is that the ftp team already does some
tracking.

best,
Gert