Re: A proposal for improving transparency of the FTP NEW process

Am Freitag, den 02.03.2018, 13:38 +0100 schrieb Philip Hands:
> Gert Wollny <gw.fossdev@gmail.com> writes:
> > Short version: Use the salsa per-package issue tracker for problems
> > that come up with the review in NEW.
>
> Is there any significant benefit that this brings over having the
> same interaction in the BTS?

In salsa you get the links to the commits automatically, in the BTS one
would have to set these manually I guess. That was my main incentive to
propose this.

> I realise that Gitlab is the new shiny thing, but there is a cost to
> using two issue tracking mechanisms when one would do,
> and for packages where the maintainer is not actually using salsa,
> what then?

Then add to my proposal: For packages that are maintained on salsa, but
I guess one could also manage everything in the BTS.