Re: A proposal for improving transparency of the FTP NEW process

Am Freitag, den 02.03.2018, 14:15 +0200 schrieb Lars Wirzenius:

> Counter proposal: let's work on ways in which uploaders can make it
> easy and quick for ftp masters to review packages in NEW. The idea
> should be, in my opinion, that any package that requires more than a
> day of work to review should be rejected by default.

How do you want to achieve this with a source package that has 13k+
source files and where upstream does not provide a standard license
header for each file? I.e. there is some license text and it needs to
be quoted, but licensecheck doesn't detect the license or doesn't
detect the copyright entry, so one has to manually inspect many files
to get it right.

Do you really want to reject these packages outright from Debian, even
though they follow the DFSG?

Best,
Gert