Re: A proposal for improving transparency of the FTP NEW process

Am Freitag, den 02.03.2018, 13:10 +0100 schrieb Samuel Thibault:
> Hello,
>
> This reminds me a discussion at debconf: it could be useful that
> anybody be able to submit issues with the NEW package, so that for
> obvious things ftpmaster doesn't even have to spend time, and ideally
> ftpmaster would only look at packages which have already been
> reviewed not only by the uploader.

Well, in a way sponsored packages already have this.

Anyway, while I don't think that this doesn't make that much sense for
packages that need to go through NEW only because of a so-name change
or because some additional binary package was added, for new source
packages this would be very useful and it was also my intent.

To formalized this one could, for instance, add a pseudo-package salsa
"ftp-new-source" where for every new source package the uploader would
have to file a "request for review " bug, that must then be closed by
someone else who would then be added to the changelog with "Reviewed-
by: name <email>", and any  upload that introduces a new source package
could be required to have at least one such entry.

For large package this would also make it easier to have a shared
review, because in the bug tracker reviewers could claim responsibility
for parts of the source package.

Best,
Gert