Re: PGP Clean Room GSoC Co-Mentoring

Hi!

Jacob Adams:

> I am looking to create an application for the PGP Clean Room Live CD
> that walks a user through setting up a set of USB flash drives or sd
> cards as a raid disk, generating new GPG keys, storing them there, and
> then exporting subkeys either on a separate USB stick or a PGP smartcard
> like a Yubikey. I'd also like to add the ability to do things like
> revoke keys or extend expiration dates for them through the application.
> You can see more of the ideas behind the project here:
> https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018/Projects/CleanRoomForPGPKeyManagement

Sounds cool. But why would this application run only on this particular
Live CD and not any Debian-based OS? You mentioned Tails as being too
heavy to implement this there and ask people to download and run Tails -
understood. However, if your application were available as a Debian
package, Tails / Debian_unlive / Ubuntu users could also benefit from
it. And people would not have to download an entire Live System but
could simply do that in Tails :)

Anyhow, this is a comment which does not help you search for a mentor,
sorry about that & good luck!

Cheers,
Ulrike