Re: Extended Long Term Support for Wheezy

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 07:31:23PM +0100, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> Le mardi, 20 février 2018, 16.07:03 h CET Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
> > ("super long-term maintenance", SLTS in their jargon)
>
> A small point, but I haven't seen anyone mention it yet: I would not use the
> 'slts' acronym, basically anywhere, as it is very close to the 'sluts' smear
> word.

You haven't seen anyone mention it because it is nonsense. The acronym
is also close to 'slats', 'slits', and 'slots', not to mention 'salts',
'stilts', and who knows how many other words in the English language.

If we are going to start applying this sort of logic to naming, then
there are plenty of other places (e.g., where actual vulgarities are
used in package names, where abreviations and/or acronyms create words
that are or can be perceived as offensive, etc.).

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez