Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

Hello,

On Tue, 26 Dec 2017, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> For example, have a look at the following packages:
> - https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/siridb-server
> - https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/libcleri
>
> The maintainer box is not even shown. I guess this might be a bug to file
> against tracker.debian.org.

So Pierre-Elliot Bécue investigated this and it's unrelated to the
maintainer field. It's because the packages have a Vcs-Browser field
but not the associated Vcs-Git entry which was not really expected by the
codebase.

> I think that realistic proposals should build upon the notion of teams in
> tracker.d.o or in gitlab (or both?). Both tools have a notion of a "team"
> or a "group" and could provide an email alias for member subscribed or
> member of those groups. I believe this would address the need of most teams,
> to have a single point of contact. Such aliases would help us to avoid bug
> notifications and alike on discussion MLs.

Indeed.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer