Re: start contributing

On Sun, 2017-11-26 at 21:10 +0000, eamanu15 . wrote:
> El dom., 26 de nov. de 2017 a la(s) 18:05, Andrey Rahmatullin <
> wrar@debian.org> escribió:
>
> > On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 08:50:14PM +0000, eamanu15 . wrote:
> > > Particularly,  I want to be a debian developer, so if that is you
> >
> > intention
> > > I recommend you read this:
> >
> > Note that being a Debian Developer and maintaining packages are different
> > things, and you don't need to get an official status to do the latter.
> >

> Get me out of a doubt, first, you have to be a debian maintainer and then
> (when you demotrate interest and skills) you could join to debian
> developer. Right?

Not quite.  The first stage of maintaining packages is that you work as
part of a team, or with sponsor(s), so that someone else reviews and
uploads your work.  Then you can apply to become a Debian Maintainer
and can then be granted permission to upload specific packages
yourself.  Finally, you can apply to become an Debian Developer
(uploading) and you will have permission to upload any packages.

(Those whose contributions don't and won't involve package maintenance
can apply directly to become a Debian Developer (non-uploading).)

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Design a system any fool can use, and only a fool will want to use it.