Re: Open beta of debhelper compat level 11 (debhelper/10.10.7)

On 12/11/17 11:25, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Hi,
>

> The debhelper compat level 11 is about to be finalized and we invite you
> to test it out.  There are no additional changes planned to compat 11 at
> the moment, but there might be changes in response to feedback from testers.

One thing with compat 10 that doesn't make a lot of sense to me is how
dh_missing is enabled by default but a no-op. It'd make more sense to me to
change that in compat 11 to be enabled by default and run with --list-missing
(--fail-missing is probably too much at this point), or make it run with --list
or --fail-missing, but not enabled by default, and make it an addon. So that one
can have:

No dh_missing:

%:
	dh $@

Or for dh_missing:

%:
	dh --with missing $@

I think one of those two options would make more sense than the status quo, and
I probably lean towards the first option (enabled by default with --list-missing).

Thoughts? Let me know if you want a bug report about this.

Cheers,
Emilio