Re: RFC: Support for selective usage of (fake)root during package build (R³)

Hi!

On Sat, 2017-10-28 at 15:59:00 +0000, Niels Thykier wrote:
>  * Please, review the specification plus implemenations and provide
>    feedback on the proposal.

Very much appreciated, anytime.

>  * Deadline for feedback: 2 weeks from today (but we are happy to extend
>    it if people find this too short).
>    - if there are no major concerns with this proposal at that time
>      we will consider the specification as stable, and mark it as so.

I've queued now a commit for dpkg marking the spec as stable. So, for
all practical effects, feel free to consider it as such from now on.
But if there were still serious concerns, please bring them up before
dpkg 1.19.1 hits unstable in a couple of weeks at most, when we'll
consider it really really stable. ;)

Thanks,
Guillem