Re: Open beta of debhelper compat level 11 (debhelper/10.10.7)

Adrian Bunk:
> On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 10:25:00AM +0000, Niels Thykier wrote:
>>
>> Backport availability
>> =====================
>> *Caveat*: Packages using the cmake build system should be careful as
>> cmake in stretch does not respond to the
>> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_RUNSTATEDIR=/run change in compat 11.  If this is a
>> problem for your package, the package should probably stay at compat 10
>> until buster is released.
>
> Is anything preventing a backport of cmake to stretch-backports?
>
> This would allow debhelper to add Breaks on older cmake versions,
> which would also automatically handle all backports situations
> in a correct way.
>

> cu
> Adrian

Assuming a cmake backport is feasible and materializes, then I am happy
to add the Breaks in debhelper to make this case "just work(tm)".

That said, I am not ready to commit to maintaining a backport of cmake
nor have I researched whether it is feasible at all.

Thanks,
~Niels