Re: Anyone using stretch/buster/sid on ARMv4t ?

On Tue, Nov 07, 2017 at 07:45:35PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> I'm very happy if people mark problematic packages that no longer
> build for armv5 as 'notforus' if no-one steps up to fix them in a
> timely fashion, but killing the architecture because some upstreams
> no-longer care about v5 seems like a baby/bathwater scenario.
>
> It would be nice if we had some way to either relax the migration
> rules so old somewhat-maintained architectures like this didn't get in
> the way of others,

This whole "so many packages are broken on armel" narrative
is actually mostly FUD, and you are suggesting mitigations
for a nonexisting problem.

The only major package where armel is the only release architecture
where it can no longer be built is Node.js, and not having the Node.js
ecosysyem on armel has already been sorted out for stretch.

Every time the topic of armel-specific major problems comes up people
are either not nameing any specific problems, or they mention problems
that were fixed long ago.

> Wookey

cu
Adrian