Re: Anyone using stretch/buster/sid on ARMv4t ?

On Tue, Nov 07, 2017 at 01:43:50PM +0100, Héctor Orón Martínez wrote:

> > for the armel port in buster the question of raising the baseline came up.
>
> That has been a recurring question over the time, the reason to
> maintain ARMv4t instruction set was OpenMoko mobile phone, which lot
> of people was using back in the days.

A prerequisite for using buster would be a non-ancient kernel,
which rules out most hardware including OpenMoko.

> Having outlined few part of current issues, we had a proposal in dc16:
>  >>>  * Partial armel architecture?
> Note that the above can be huge amount of work and it might need
> skilled people as well as funding to become a reality.

It would be a huge amount of work with zero benefits.

Status quo is a full port that is overall in a good shape,
so what would be the point in spending a huge amount of
work on castrating that port?

> Regards,

cu
Adrian