Re: what should I do if I want to adopt one orphaned package?

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 06:32:18AM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sun, Aug 13 2017, Wookey wrote:
>
> > The policy document and debian-mentors mailing list can help you with
> > packaging queries. When you have a new upload prepared you will need
> > to get a sponsor to upload by asking on debian-mentors.
>
> You probably want the New Maintainer's Guide, too -- unfortunately I'm
> without web access to find a URL for you, but it's easy to find.

FYI: "Debian New Maintainers' Guide" will be deprecated after buster+1.
I am working on a modern rewrite as "Guide for Debian Maintainers".

 https://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#maint-guide
 https://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#debmake-doc
 ( https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debmake-doc/index.en.html )

Regards,