Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth?

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 03:04:26PM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> On ഞായര്‍ 14 മെയ് 2017 02:46 വൈകു, Yao Wei wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are there a discussion list of people working on the issue? I'd like to
> > follow and see if there's any I could help.
> >
> > If no, could this issue be submitted as a Debian bug?
>
> As far as I understand, the only thing that is blocking is non
> availability of pagure package.
>
> So helping fix this would help move this forward (currently pagure tests
> are failing).
> >> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=829046
> >>

> After we have the package, then DSA standard processes for new service
> would follow, I assume.

This is a common misconception. DSA does *not* require that the service
is packaged. On the contrary, they say it's better if the service is
*not* from a package because this way the service admin does not need to
have root access on the machine where the service is hosted.