Re: apt-get upgrade removing ifupdown on jessie→stretch upgrade

also sprach Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> [2017-02-23 12:06 +1300]:
> Maybe your ifupdown was flagged as auto-installed, a recent prior APT
> process upgraded to netbase 5.4 (no longer recommending ifupdown), and
> your latest APT process just finished an auto-removal of the no longer
> needed ifupdown for some reason not finalized earlier.

I doubt this. ifupdown has no entry in apt.extended_states.1.gz, and
netbase was upgraded from 5.3 during the same upgrade process. There
was no upgrade process before this which might have been continued.
Apart, auto-removal I think is specifically identified and should
also not happen on "upgrade" cf. manpage, no?

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

"arthur slapped his arms about himself to try and get his
 circulation a little more enthusiastic about its job."
                                 -- hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy