Re: Are two Vcs-{Git|Svn|...} and Vcs-Browser fields sensible?

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 08:51:55AM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:

> Yes, it makes sense
> to have a both Vcs-{Git|Svn|...} and a separate Vcs-Browser field.
>
> Keep the possibility to copy-and-paste an VCS-URL for "manual checkout"
>
> Keep a working Vcs-Brower URL. Because:
>  * site admin is allowed to configure prefered "HTTP VCS Viewer"
>  * user/humans/developers have a URL that can be used without extra adding / fiddling.
>
> So no need to put extra code in `debcheckout` that does magic/voodoo
> with headers like 'Vcs-Debian' and 'Vcs-Host'.

Well, debcheckout is not accessing debian/control files of single
packages.  My suggestion was obviously not clear enough.  We certainly
should keep the old known fields in Packages files etc - but these
should be calculated values according the scheme we agreed upon at the
given point in time.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--