Re: mkdocs locale error building djangorestframework

On Tue, 2016-01-26 at 11:29 +1100, Brian May wrote:
[...]
> The problem is that when building djangorestframework, I need to have a
> utf8 locale available. C.UTF-8 is fine. However, I don't think there is
> any guarantee (??) that a utf8 locale will be available when building
> packages. This I believe is the root cause of #812672.
>
> So should I somehow be trying to get the UTF-8 locale (is this possible
> from debian/rules?), or should I submit another bug report against
> python3-click saying that it really should work in ASCII environments?

C.UTF-8 is built into glibc so I believe you can assume it's present in
all Debian installations (from wheezy onward).

(The linux source package depends on this already for reproducible
docs.)

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Q.  Which is the greater problem in the world today, ignorance or apathy?